Application forms can be had only from the college office
Students shall be admitted to the various courses of study in the college on the basis of the rules prescribed by the Government and University from time to time. In each course of study, the seats are reserved for different categories as follows..
- 40% As General Merit
- 20% As Community Quota
- 20% As SC /ST Quota
- 20% As Management Quota
The seats are filled up on the basis of merit. The Index of merit will be prescribed by the University from time to time
Application for admission should be made in the prescribed form through Calicut University Single Window Admission 2014 process. Candidates have to register online for participating in the online admission process/allotment. Those students who are seeking admission under Community / Management quota they should submit their application directly to the College. For details please visit Calicut University Website : www.universityofcalicut.info. . All details including additional language and the first, the second and the third preferences should be entered carefully and after proper consideration. No change will be allowed after submission of application. It is the responsibility of the candidates to verify whether they are selected and ascertain the date and time of interview. Representation for admission based on late receipt or non-receipt of interview cards will not be considered. Admission will be decided upon only after the interview. The issue of an interview card or notification of provisional selection list does not guarantee admission. The parent or guardian should accompany the student at the time of interview for admission. Candidates for admission should produce the following documents at the time of interview. Admission will be decided upon only after the interview. The parent or guardian should accompany the student at the time of interview for admission.
Candidates for admission should produce the following documents at the time of interview.
- +2 (Pre-Degree) or Degree mark list as the case may be.
- Transfer Certificate from the school or college last attended.
- Certificate of conduct from the Head of the institution last attended.
- Two copies of stamp size photo of the student.
- In the case of those who are eligible for fee concession, the income certificate in duplicate in the prescribed form, community and nativity certificates.
- In the case of PG admission two typed copies of mark list duly certified by Gazetted Officer or Principal or Professor in the College in addition to the original mark list.
- In the case of students of this College seeking admission to PG course clearance certificate from the Library, Laboratory, fee section, hostel, etc.
- Original Degree Certificate in the case of PG admission.
- In the case of students claiming NCC/NSS/Ex-Servicemen privileges or quota for physically handicapped, attach photocopies of Certificates from the competent authorities.
- Equivalency Certificate in the case of students coming from other Universities / States.
College Rules & Regulations
- A working day in the college begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 4.00 p.m.
- The dress worn shall always be clean, sober and dignified. The students should observe strict modesty in dress and manners.
- Since discipline is the bedrock on which an educational system is founded, every student shall fully co-operate with the college authorities for the maintenance of peace and order in the campus.
- Students shall always behave with dignity and courtesy. Students shall not disfigure the walls, windows, furniture by writing on them or drawing picture or sticking bills.
- Students shall greet their teachers on the occasion of their first meeting within the college.
- Student shall rise from their seats when teacher enters the class room and shall take seat only after he/she has taken his / her seat or beckons them to sit.
- No student shall enter or leave the class without the permission of the teacher who is engaging the class. Students shall not loiter through the corridors or along the veranda during class hours.
- Students are strictly prohibited from entering any class other than their own without permission. Smoking, chewing pan, consumption of alcoholic drinks and taking narcotic substances are strictly prohibited within the campus.
- Students shall always maintain utmost decency in their interaction with fellow students. Any instance of harassment will be viewed very seriously and invite stringent punishment.
- Students are prohibited from participating in any meeting directed against the constituted authority or the Government.
- No meeting or entertainment shall be organized and no fund collected in the college without the prior permission of the principal. Political activism is not permitted in the campus and students are to scrupulously refrain from it.
- No note or petition of any kind shall be circulated among the students or pasted on the notice board or anywhere within the college premises. Students are not allowed to organize or attend meeting in the college or collect money for any purpose without the written permission of the principal.
- Students who go over to other colleges or institutions to take part in acts of indiscipline such as organizing demonstrations or strikes will invite severe punishment.
- The principal shall have the power to inflict the following punishments: fine, suspension, compulsory issue of T.C., expulsion etc.
- Promotion to higher class, selection for university examinations and issue of progress attendance/conduct certificates are within the discretion of the principal.
- The Principal will have the right to issue transfer certificate to a student admitted to the college without an application from the student or the guardian at any time of the course of study in the college without assigning any specific reason if he considers that his/her presence is not desirable in the college
- Irregular attendance, insubordination to teachers, habitual absence to class work, obscenity in word or act are sufficient reasons for the permanent or temporary dismissal of students.
- Students should take note of the notifications on the notice board everyday before they leave the college. Failure to look at the notice board will not be an excuse for any omission or commission.
- Absence from examination / test papers will be treated as a serious breach of discipline and shall invite disciplinary measures.
- Ragging, teasing, intimidating and harassment in any form meted out towards fellow students and girl students in particular within the campus or outside are cognizable offences and students are expressly prohibited from indulging in such activities. In the light of the directives contained in various court judgements in recent years, it is mandatory for the Principal to report all cases of ragging and harassment to the police.
- Principal shall be the final authority in all matters regarding discipline and he shall also have the authority to decide on any issue not specifically covered by the existing General Rules mentioned here in.